Friday 2 September 2022

End of the challenge - Updated

An average of 1 cupboard (or drawer) a day was my challenge.  Emptied, cleaned, reorganised,  and a harsh line on keeping anything not used.

I started on 14th July, and my target was to end on 31st August.   The last few days were a washout, so I don't know if I managed to maintain my average or not.

 18 days in July (14th-31st, inclusive,  plus 31 days in August = a target of 49.

Let me just go and count.....

 '1-2-3-4.........."

Hmm... If I count my tall larder cuboard (which has 8 shelves, all jam packed with tins, jars and dry food stuff as 3 cupboards worth,  then I've done it.  Just. 7 of the count were drawers or cupboards in other rooms, but that's been the case right since the beginning.

UPDATE: I missed out  a massive cupboard and a mobile storage unit!  Even without counting the tall larder cupboard as 3 cupboards, I've done it!

I got rid of a lot of stuff.  Donations, bin, selling. 

I didn't do all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen.  There are 3 cupboards plus 1 drawer that really need  doing and haven't been done,  and several which don't need doing (but I haven't cheated and counted them in my "done" total). 

It's been a good challenge, which fitted my determination to clear,  and I might well employ it again in future. 

I'll need to decide my next challenge soon.

Meanwhile,..

I've agreed a sale on most of the excess furniture, and I'm hoping they weill go at the weekend.  We can then rearrange stuff and work out what to do. 

The table I broke when I did the splits is unrepairable.   DH was keen to get something taller for the hall, so we've retrieved an old table from the loft to put there for now.

The cats have decided that the new sofa is intended for them.





Followers