Wednesday 31 August 2022

Bad planning

Some years ago my brother introduced me to the comfort of Riser Recliner chairs.  He's bought one, and was evangalising about it.    I was suprised at how comfortable it was.  My DH tried it and felt the same.  Before long, we'd bought a chair each and got rid of our recliner sofas.

Some time later, I saw a two seater sofa with one of the seats being a riser recliner, and I bought that.  It was - is - lovely.  Fits in eaily, loads of space around.

DH wanted to try something different, so we bought a pair of (new to us) Stressless chairs, in a funky colour.  They are lovely, but too low for me.  So we ended up with an eclectic mix of furniture.

I love my sofa.  The one thing I did miss is that DH and I used to sit snuggled up on a sofa (long ago).  I kept my eye on Ebay and Gumtree, in case a 3 seater sofa (from a specific brand that does a high leg lift) with a riser recliner at one or both ends should come along.   I've seen a couple over the intervening years.  One not in great condition.  Another one in good condition, and a pretty blue - but it would clash with the Stressless chairs.

And then one popped up.

I bought it.  

It comes with 2 riser recliner chairs, which I'll need to sell.

The Man with the Van who is collecting it for me had another job to do and suggeste doing it on the same day.   I checked with the seller, and we agreed.

DH was away.  DB was away.  I hadn't really though this through.

I pushed all the existing furnuture together.  I emptied the hall.  All that was fine.    But it wasn't a one man job to unload the items when they came.     

In the end, I messaged the nephew of my closest friend, both of whom live in the village.  He kindly agreed to come and help unload, and I'm glad he did.      I helped MwtV unload the chairs, but I knew I wouldn't be abe to get them into the house,  and I knew I wouldn't be able to lift the sofa with the mechanisms in. 

It was all over quickly, and they are in fab condition.  

I can't do much until I can offload the chairs and my old sofa.

The cats were very ecited at the new toys I'd got for them.


Followers