Monday 22 August 2022

Waste of Time

Sunday. Fay, our fayoumi, shrieked at about 5.30am

It woke me up.  There was no other noise.  She did it again, and I leapt up, fumbling for my specs.   I looked out o fthe window, couldn't see anything,  grabbed my dressing gown and hobbled downstairs.    She did it again.  I rhurriedly unlocked the door,  hobbled across the garden, stood in front of the walk in run, and she was just sitting there, on the arm of a garden chair inside the run.

Viole(n)t started chuntering.   I looked around, couldn't see any evidence of a predator.  I swore a little, went back into the house and sat on the side of the bed wondering whether to get up or go back to sleep. 

It had already been a disturbed night.  My back and neck ached, presumably from the Physio.  I'd been woken up a couple of times when my oxygen level fell to 86% and 81%..  

I decided to go back to sleep.  There were another couple of oxygen alarms.  The radio came on at 6.45, and the hens kicked off a bit at some point.     And then the radio went off, and it was 9.45 and I was just too knackered and too much in pain to get up.  I did get up anyway, as I had to feed the cats.  I took some paracetomol.

I had a shower, targetting my back with the jet.   I came downstairs and was relieved that I'd mostly cleared up yesterday.  If it had been a mess, I'd probably have gone back to bed. 

I did the morning jobs, like emptying the dishwasher and refilling it,  changing the Girls' water, opening up the windows etc.  I couldn't face breakfast.  I made myself a delicious coffee,  and checked mail and messages.  I did some searching for a couple of things I want to buy.    I sorted out the paper, and did some of the general knowledge crossword. 

And now it's 1.30, and I haven't done anything towards painting the ceiling. 

I'm still not hungry.  My back hurts.  I'm tired (how can I be this tired?!). 


   

Followers