Wednesday 10 August 2022

Roundabout

I'd like to finish the CupboardADay (for the Kitchen, at least) by the end of the month.  It's doable, it would be even easier if I stopped myself Cupboarding in other rooms.

Today I decided to tackle my second corner cupboard.  I started to think about this one a few days ago. This one is where all the pans live, and as soon as I opened it and studied it, I realised that reorganising it would mean doing another corner cupboard at the same time.

Today is the day. 

I took "before" photos of the two cupboards (in case it all went wrong and I had to put it back).    

I pulled everything out of one cupboard and worked out what I needed to put back in, what needed to be relocated, and what I didn't need to keep.

I did the same with the second cupboard.

The cats thought it was a grand game, and inspected the cupboards as I progressed. 

 

I cleaned them both, and then started reorganising.  Part way through, the scope widened to include the two deep drawers under the oven,  and later one of the drawers I'd already done got sucked in too. 

It helped that I was in "clearing" mode.  I built up a pile of equipment that I had considered removing before, but always kept thinking "mm. It wasn't cheap. And I might regret it".    I had the same thoughts today, but I still piled the stuff up.

I've now done the "easy" bits.   I've identified a purpose for each cupboard / drawer to help me decide what should go where.   I've got (quite) a few bits scattered around the kitchen, waiting to be assigned a home.   It's not helped by the fact that I had a couple of deliveries and I have boxes and packaging everywhere (which hopefully I might need!).

Perito's law in practice.  I did 80% of the stuff in 20% of the time.  The last bits are not easy.

I'm going ot have a break and then attack with (hopefully) renewed vigour.  Or some vigour, anyway.



Followers