Monday 22 August 2022

A step closer

I made myself wash the ceiling yesterday.  It took two hours.  TWO HOURS!

I had expected it to take about 30 minutes, it was just trickier than I anticipated.  It looks lovely,  almost good enough to not bother painting.  But I have got this far.

The undersink storage arrived, so I did that too,  and I ended up clearing some other bits at the same time.    It was slow progress.  I cleared a fair bit away ready, but I got to a point where I'd had enough.

 I tried to get the enthusiasm to go into the loft, but I just couldn't do it.

I asked my brother if he'd come tomorrow (today) to pop the downlighters out for me, and he kindly said he would.

I wanted to get to a point where, when the painting was done,  everything else was sparkling already/.  I spent a few hours this morning clearing and cleaning the worktops, and the top of the fridge,  and then packing things against the wall so the dustsheets would cover them.   Some items were moved to the dining room table.     I cupboarded 2 shelves of books while I was at it.

The "I don't know what to do with this" piles gradually reduced to two piles.  and the I got it all on to one table.

I popped out to buy the paint and some dustcovers.  y brother came and popped out the lights and dsted round them for me.  I cleared the flooor.  A couple of the holes need repairing, so he's going to pop back with some polyfilla to do that. (I cupboarded 2 shelves in the utility room looking for Polyfilla, I'm on a roll).

Eventually, eveyrthing was clear.  Really clear.

I was desperate to just stop and start again tomorrow,  but I went int the loft to get out the paint bits.  I've sorted through them, and they are npw ready. I think. 

I need to stick up the dust sheets so that, if nothing else,  I can get started painting straight away tomorrow.  I'm thinking that I c/should paint the coving today and do my cutting in,  and then I'll really be ready to roll (ha ha) tomorrow. 

We'll see.      


Followers