Sunday 14 August 2022

Decupboarding continues

It's been 32 days now since I started this cupboard a day malarkey.     Today was the larder cupboard and the dried goods cupboard,  and yesterday was the fridge.

I've done 30 cupboards and drawers in my kitchen, 7 in my bedroom,  1 cubby hole in the sewing room (I'm getting rid of all my sewing disaaaasters)  and  bits in two other rooms which it's hard to classify as a cupboard or a drawer.

I've sold loads via FB marketplace,  and quite a bit on Ebay thanks to a fee reduction offer.   I've given lots away.  I have been relentless and remorseless. 

The downstairs is a tip because I've got stuff and packaging everywhere.   There is a stack of parcels on the hall, which will be collected by the postman tomorrow.    My dining room table is covered in cocktail glasses, 24 of various sorts, which should have been collected today but weren't.    There are donations on the doorstep which should have been collected today but weren't.   The car boot is full,  and I really MUST do a charity shop run tomorrow.

I'm not sure I am going to complete the kitchen.  I'm running out of enthusiasm, and I've done most of the ones that are likely to offer up stuff for decluttering.      Maybe I'll feel more like it when all the current stuff has gone and thinkgs are bag under control.   I am feelng the pull from needing to do more in the guest bedroom/sewing room.

 I definitely would like to get under the sink done, but that's a job for when DH is out for a couple of days. That may have to wait a couple of weeks. 

 


Followers