Wednesday 15 July 2015

Bunting

A local lad, Spencer, has bilateral quadriplegic cerebral palsy.  His mum, Holly, works hard to raise money to buy him the things that he needs to make his life a bit more comfortable.

Her latest fundraiser is to get a special bath (and associated equipent) so that Spence can have a bath instead of having a chair in the shower (which he hates).  The bath costs around £11K (that isn't a typo), and that's without the hoist and other bits.  Someone posted on our local Facebook page about it, so there was a surge in donations.  Then someone auctioned some home made cupcakes in aid of it.  Then someone else offered something else for auction, and then someone suggested organisation of a bigger auction of goods and services.

My (tiny) contribution is a bunting name banner, with the winner's choice of name.  I don't have any decent photos of the name banners that I've made as presents,  so I made a banner today for the granddaughter of a friend. I was actually planning to make her some hair clips,  but I thought this would be a way for me to make her something she'll hopefully like (I've used Frozen fabrics), and it gives me an example.



Back of letters






Followers