Tuesday 28 July 2015

Boys will be Boys

It's official. The Wyandotte isn't a Wilma, he's a William. It turns out that partridge wyandottes are seable from very early on, by their colouring.


I've also been forced to face up to Pugsley (the cuckoo Marans) being a boy as well.  Even stnding watching him crow, I had been wondering if dominant girls crow.


One of the araucanas is a boy. The other one is probably a girl - based on the fact that they are so different to each other. 
 
The jury is still out on Punky Monkey, and it may be a looooong time before we know for sure about himher.

The older chicks are coming up to 10 weeks old. It's way past time to get them all to the allotment. We've been holding off until we know who the Girls are, so we can leave them here.   We've got to do a bit of preparation at the allotment, and we need good weather to do this. I'm hoping that we can get them down there by the weekend.

And in the meantime, we have to decide whether to get a couple of other pullets.  The place we got these 5 from don't have any pullets of the breeds I want. I've contacted one other place and I'm waiting to hear back.  

Fate will decide.

Followers