Monday, 23 March 2015

Still on the case

Some longer zips arriived on Saturday,  so I attempted to make a simple pencil case from a designer I haven't used before.  It was awful. So awful, I must have not followed their sparse instructions (and useless photos)  properly.  I threw it in the bin.

After that debarcle, I was feeling rather fed up, and couldn't be bothered to do anything apart from clearaway the worktop. 

Hmm. Not good.  I know what I'm like, and I could feel there was a risk of me avoiding doing anything for days - so, before I finished clearing up, I made myself cut out fabric ready to make a Digistitches 5x7 zippered case.

The cut fabric and zip sat on the table for the restof Saturday, and all day yesterday.  Each time I walked past it, I smiled at the fabric and my careful pattern matching.

Today I decided to give it a go.

It was relatively quick. After all, I had the fabric already cut,  and I'd already made the 4x4 case so I knew what to expect.

I was really pleased with the end result.

The Digistitches cases are unpadded but are fully lined.  They are quick and easy to make.

I'm going to make a bigger one I think.

They are missing one vital size - a size I already have with my Embroidery Garden case. The EG case required whip stitching, which I just can't do neatly or reliably.   However, maybe I can use the technique used by Digistitches of leaving a larger bit of fabric at the open hem, and then wundaweb it together.

I had a quick look at the EmbroideryGarden instructions, and it might be possible. I'll try it.

I'm not sure which I'll try first - the bigger Digistitches case or the attempted adaptation of the EmbroideryGarden  design,

I bet you can't wait to see, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers