DH has decided that he doesn't want to get replacement bees. I'm sad about that, but I understand.
The one positive thing about this is that, being a final decision rather than an interim "not this year" one, we might as well go ahead and sell all the equipment. It all takes up a lot of space, which is OK if there was a chance we might get bees again... but it's space we could usefully use if not.
I just need to psyche myself up for a long and involved photography and listing session.