Sunday 7 February 2021

Spinning a yarn

I started mildly shopping for remnants of interesting wool. Yarn, I mean.   My Embellisher will enable me to thread yarn,  and I wanted to get some interesting colours and textures.

It turned out to be a bit of a rabbit hole.

A deep rabbit hole,

I've already received a couple of small bundles.     Now, I'm actively looking for specific wools, sorry, yarns.  I wish I could knit,  some of them are amazing, not at all what I remeber from my childhood.

 I've had to start a spreadheet to keep track of my Facebook Marketplace purchases!  Partly so I can make sure I keep track of what's still to arrive,  but mainly to avod be buying two lots of the same thing accidentally.

I've had to make myself start saving some of the things I'm inerested in and then leaving it ab hour or so and coming back to it.

I have no idea whether any of this is going to work in the Embellisher, so I am trying not to look any more.  It's almost as bad as buying fabric.

 

 


 

Followers