Friday 19 February 2021

Pig of a day

DH collected half a pig from our friend Shirley today,   whilst I took Izzy to the Vet and then went off for my Covid jab.

When I got back we had a late breakfast, and then set to work on the porker.     My hips and back are really aching now, I've been standing for hours.

This time DH wanted to make some back bacon and to try making chorizo.  We've got some belly joints, some schnitzel,  the tenderloin, deiced pork, minced pork,  I'm rendering the fat for lard,  and we have a mountain of pork for sausages.   Last time we made so many sausages that we were able to have sausages pretty much every week;  we may be in the same situation this time. 

I *should* have kept some shoulder chunks for use  the pressure cooker,  but I didn't think of it until it was too late.  Maybe I'll remember next time.  Probably not.


Followers