Friday 12 February 2021

Gutting

It's been 3 weeks (21 days)  now that I have been having my post-biome analysis gut health smoothies.

I'm acclimatised - mostly - to the taste.  Usually I put half a banana in.  If I've go fresh bananas i put half of one in a smoothie and the other half in the freezer.  That way, I don't end up with a load of overripe bananas, and I have a freezer bag of half bananas for when I don't have fresh. 

A while ago I found some tiny  tubs of some berry puree (tayberry I think) at the back of a freezer drawer.  The water had frozen into a separate layer on top of the puree, so I hoiked that out and added the very concentrated puree to my smoothie.  It was lip puckering.     I had several tubs, so what I've been doing is defrosting a tub , and then using a third of a tub.  I guess I'm having 3 days puree, then a few days of banana, then back to puree.  It's been in the freezer for years, so I'm really happy to have found it useful.

The jar containing the kefir grains is out on the worktop, so it's very productive.  I strain off the kefir infused milk each day, and put the strained stuff in the a lidded jar in the fridge for drinking the following day.  I top the grains up with fresh goats milk, and put it back on the worktop.   I have to strain it off every day, otherwise its overfermented.

Chuckling Goat was having a flash sale on biome tests and, as I want to have anothe rone when my 90 days programme is over,  I bought one ready. It's fairly short dates, which is probably why they are having a flash sale,  but it is still good for more than a month after I need it.      

Once the 90 days is up and I've sent in my next biome sample, I'll most likely continue with the gut health smoothie (minus the Monkey Tail Mushroom powder, which is 90 days only) while I wait for the results to come back.    I signed up for an auto delivery of the prebiotic powder as it was significantly cheaper per bag this way, and I'll be needed a few bags still.

I tried to get DH interested in doing  biome test, but he declined.

Maybe he'll be interested when we've seen the results of my next test.  I think I'm seeing some improvement in my rosacea,  but it varies so much from day to day that its hard to be sure.

 

 



Followers