Sunday 28 February 2021

Making Movies

My lovely coverstitch machine, ousted byEuphy, has gone to a new home.

I put her up for sale locally, and also on specific/relevant group.   The seller contacted me via the group, and I was amazed to find that she was local - in the next town along.

Covid restrictions made it impossible for her to come and try the machine,  so I offered to do a quick video so she could see it working.  She asked if I could also show her how to thread the machine (in a video).  

So, I made a series of short (just a few minutes each) videos covering different aspects of the machine, using my phone and one of my handy gorilla stands with phone grip.   The videos covered General tour,  sewing with her,  sewing in the round,  threading the loopers, threading the needles,  sewing on woven.  A couple of them I had to record more than once because I had a mental block, or I fluffed up zooming in.

I had to get DH to take the video of me doing the thread changes, as I couldn't position the camera to see both the distance and the detail, and do the threading at the same time.

I quite enjoyed making them. Once I got into the swing of it, they went quite well,  I played them back to make sure they were coherent, and I was happy with them (for their intended purpose). 

The lady liked the videos, liked the machine, and was happy to buy.

She arrived yesterday evening to collect,  and we did it all responsibly distanced.   She was a lovely lady, and I hope she gets on all right with it.

I'm counting the whole process as a craft learning activity.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total crafty things this year: 20
(Sewing based makes: 12;   learning activities: 7;  Non sewing based craft makes: 1. )

 

Followers