Wednesday 11 August 2021

Small Jug

Our local pottery painting workshop had been doing these great "Paint at Home" options.   We had done one lot of things, and I had bought a few items back in January to do during lockdown.

I started one, which DH needs to complete, some time ago.  I'll post more about that another day.

I also did a small jug.    I had got some bottles of  paint, one orange, one black,  with "nibs" in, which made writing easier.  I decided to write the names of the many Hens we've known over the years.  

I grouped the names, by swapping colours, so that all the "got at the same time" hens were together.  Where we had different types of hens at the same time,  I used a bit of coloured paint in the letters to group the hens that were the same breed.

It was much easier writing with this than trying to use a brush.  It wasn't superneat, but it was OK.

I took it back to be fired, and collected it about a week ago. 

 It's very simple, but I like it!

I'd like to try and do then hen names again, but a bit more carefully.  I bought  a plate to go on the wall,  and Janet (the owner) very kindly lent me some more nibbed bottles, with more colours, for this project. 

I've got a medium sized jug being fired at the moment, and that'll be ready for collection  in a couple of weeks.  Because of the loan of the nibbed bottles, I've promised to get my plate and the loan items back to Janet when I collect the medium jug.

I'll get started on that in a few days.




Total crafty things this year: 43

Sewing based makes: 
123) Inner pad for foot muff; make cover for foot muff;  trim down Superking Duvet to KS and recover edges;
456)Cushion cover for Miss T; Gift bags for Miss T and GDK;
7)Dressing Gown;
8-10)Cat Duvet, Duvet Cover and Pillowcase;
11) Cushion cover for living room;
12-15) Sleeveless tops (x4);
16) SBCC top
17) Overlocker chicken
18) Curtains for nest boxes (4, but counted as 1 make)~
19,20,21)Boxers for DH (test pairs for sizing - counted as 1,  and then 2 pairs)
Abandoned muslin for LoveNotions Willow Wrap Dress (not counted in total makes)
22)Apostrophe Patterns Joggers (jellyfiah and space)
23)Apostrophe Patterns Flared Joggers (black, with big red roses)
24)Boxes for DH (3 pairs using black cotton lycra with patterned fly)
25)Shorten the hems and sleeves on 4 of Mum's day dresses (count as 1 task)
26) repurposed  old tee shirt as cover for mini cushion
27) Burrito rolled bag (from Jane's July Zoom)
28) Replace waistban on massively oversized maxi skirt
29) Salvage DH's Firestorm tee shirt (using stretchyfix)
30) Yet another Heartlight skirt (July) feathers scuba, great pattern matching, good fit on waistband


Learning activities:
1) Scanning pattern pieces; 2) Making movies; 3)Babylock demo day; 4)Gathering using my overlocker;   5) Euphy training (circles,using elastic in looper);6) Gail Yellen's binder course; 7) Inkscape 1; 8) casting on;  9)purling; 10)casting off

Non sewing based craft makes: 
A) Painted bisque butter dish and had it fired

B) Knitted Infinity scarf, first attempt (pinks)

C) Painted bisque small jug (hen names) and had it fired.

Followers