Thursday 26 August 2021

Disheartening

Its been one of those fortnights.  I'm not sure what to say, what not to say, where to start even.

I had a phonecall from the hospital very late one afternoon saying that I was on the list for a 7-day Holter monitor. They'd had a cancellation, so would I like to come now.     I would. I did. It was all fitted and I was back out before the car park charge kicked in.

It's actually not going to be quite 7 days,  more like 6 and a bit, as I have to get the monitor back to them by 10am on the end date. 


It's been very up and down while I've been wearing the monitor.  The daytimes have been much queiter than in previous weeks; the first couple of nights were fairly quiet, and then I had one of the worst nights I've had.  I've just worked it out, it was the 3rd worst night I've had.  I hope the monitor captured it.   

 Last night was another "one of the worst" nights (3rd or 4th, I'm undecided), and even getting up and walking around to let my back and shoulders drain only gave temporary relief.    It was so bad that I did a Troponin test, just in case.  (Which was negative of course, I wouldn't be writing like this otherwise).    I'm shattered, and I'm still suffering the after effects now (headache and shoulder pain)

I hope these things show up.   I've tried to make notes to accompany my button presses,I've been using an app on my phone, and trying to keep the phone within reach.  It's not always easy to do.

I hope they don't take too long to analyse them.

A few days ago I had my Echo, and nothing requiring urgent attention was revealed.  I couldn't see the images, as I was facing the wall.   The operator wouldn't let me lie down "properly", from her point of view she didn't need to see the palpitations.  I'll get the results in due course.

In other news, Miss Teen's dad went into hospital to have a tube inserted in his stomach, ready for him to start Chemo and Radiotherapies on Wednesday.  It was done under local anaesthetic, and it went wrong.      The chemo and radio therapies have had to be delayed, and he had to have an op (under general anaesthetic) yesterday to try and repair the damage, clean him out, and put a new tube in.         He sounds more like himself today, and he's hoping to be discharged soon.  It's not my story, so I won't say  more about it.

 

 


 





Followers