Saturday 25 April 2020

A bit bleurgh

One of those not so happy days today.

I got up at 6.40 and went out to see why the Girls were complaining this time.  It was a grey damp morning, and I had a headache.    

I had decided yesterday that today I would go to the allotment and do a deep clean of the shed and coop.   It's usually done in early April, and I'm really really late.      As it involves saturating everything with Poultry Shield,  I need a warm dry day so that everything dries quickly.    As I tramped out across the wet grass I realised that today wasn't going to be the right day.

I went back to bed, and didn't get up again until gone 11am.   By the time I got up, with my headache subdued,  it was a baking hot day.  I feel a bit rubbish for going back to bed.  I know what I'm like,   and normally I don't let myself get suckered in to going back to bed.  But I had a headache, I didn't feel great, and I thought it might be different.

When I got up, and had breakfast and showered,  I still wasn't feeling full of the joys of Spring.    It happens, and I know it will be better tomorrow.    Acknowledging that, instead of slapping myself because of my apathy,  was a good tactic, and I feel a bit more chipper now.  I even dressed in one of my lovely me-made maxi skirts, and I feel a bit more human.

We dropped some garden games at the end of Next Door's driveway,  hopefully the two kids will like them.



Followers