Sunday 3 June 2018

Chicks 1-5

Chicks 1-5 are in the small brooder upstairs, and seem to be OK.  The foot fetish seems to be over.
They all look very similar, although there are some differences with the feet.     We won't know any more until they get a bit older.

There is no evidence yet of any Vorwerk colouring in any of them.   We've no idea which of our allotment girls are the Mums.  I know there were at least 3 different egg types, but  I don't know who laid what.

It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Unless we ring some of them,  we won't know which were from our controlled group and which were "pot luck".   That may make things difficult later, when we have to decide who to keep and who to cull.

I don't like ringing chicks at this age.  I do have some rings tiny enough, but I don't like doing it.

We'll have to make a decision soon.

Followers