Friday 15 June 2018

Bother.

Wednesday we went to London to see Strictly Ballroom.  I love the film, seen it more times than I can count,  and I got tickets for us to celebrate my sister in law's significant birthday.    My sister in law and brother told me, as we walked to the theatre, that they had no idea what it was about.

It was magnificent.  Fantastic.    It made me want to watch the film yet again.  I didn't, I lent the DVD to my brother and sister in law.

Yesterday, I was tired.    I did some faffing about of a few things,  usual domestics, etc.  DH had to work,  and I snuck in watching a really ancient black and white film I'd recorded ages ago.  It was so old that John Laurie ("We're doomed!") was a less than middle aged man.

I put the chicks out for a a couple of hours, faffed about some more, and finally cooked dinner.

It was hot, so we had the back door open.    Our neighbour has a lot of barbecues,  so heavily scented air isn't unusual.    We ate our dinner the smell got stronger. Sweeter.  Odder.

I went outside.  I couldn't smell it outside. I came in, and I could smell it.  It must be something in our house!

It was.

It was the pea saucepan.  I'd scooped out some peas, and I had left a few in the tiny bit of water I use in peas, and I hadn't turned off the hob.  Worse, I'd left the plastic sievey spoon in there.

It wasn't pretty.

Followers