Friday 16 June 2017

Goats Milk Kefir continues

This morning, once again,  I could not bring myself to drink the Kefir first thing.

I was getting a bit annoyed with myself.  It's not horrible, it just tastes like goats cheese.  I used to like goats cheese, so I should be able to get over this.

This morning I gave myself a choice. Either drink the Kefir first thing, or try goats milk in my morning latte.       I tried goats milk in my latte.    I made one for myself first, before making one for DH.  It was OK.  I don't think I would have guessed it was goats milk.     I made one for DH - he didn't notice.

Later, we were having a second coffee and he saw me filling up the milk thing with goats milk.
 "I don't want goats milk in my coffee"  
"Why?"
"Because I don't"
"You had goats milk earlier"
"Did I?"
"Yes"
"Oh"

So we had goats milk in the coffee.   That's one step forward.

It got to 4pm and I still hadn't had my Kefir.  At 4pm, I MADE myself pour a glass, and I tried to gul some of it down.  Same problem as before.    I mixed some vanilla extract in, and that didn't really help any more than the banana had done previously.

I'm hoping I can overcome this because, of course, it's only going to get stronger (="worse") as the days tick by.    

I know when I've tried to make myself get over distaste of foods before, it's sometimes taken 5 or 6 attempts to eat something before my tastebuds have acclimatised.     There have been foods (liver, roasted beetroot) where I've never got over my repulsion.

I hope this isn't one of those.


Followers