Friday 24 June 2016

At the Vets

We phoned this morning to find out how Wash was getting on.

He'd eaten a little bit, but not a lot.  The vet assistant remarked "He just isn't himself, is he?"  She was one of the young ladies who looked after Wash during his stay earlier in the yearl she always asks after him when we bump into her on the many occasions we're at the Vet.  He was very popular, and they are really kind.

She asked me what his favourite food was ("Normally, anything"). She said she didn't mind cooking him some chicken or fish, which did I think he would prefer? ("Chicken, probably").  

We arrived at the Vets dead on visiting time.   Wash ignored us for a little while, but after we'd both had a bill and a coo and a stroke he started to purr.    We saw the dish of chicken (uneaten) and a pile of dry food (uneaten).  He looked a little brighter, presumably due to the IV, but he wasn't right.

There was a note stuck on his cage, which made me smile. I wish I'd had my phone with me to take a picture.  It said "Social eater, please keep him company while he eats".

None of the other in-patients had such a note.

There wasn't any other news, so I guess it will be Monday before any more tests are done.  We will pop in and see him on Saturday and Sunday.






Followers