Thursday 16 June 2016

Contrariness, continued

DH wandered into the kitchen, and made a cheery comment about the cut out pieces of top all over the table.   I explained to him the tape saga, and showed him the tape.  He looked at the reel and said,
"that's just clingfilm". 

"Is it?. I thought that, but when I unwrapped it, it was the tape".

He unwound a bit.  "See? " I said. "It's not clingfilm, it's the tape".

He unwound a bit more.  The tape/clingfilm changed from being loose and clingfilmy to being tight an tape-y.  He stopped unwinding, and we examined it.  It was still clear, and it didn't have a rough side.    Whatever it was, it wasn't what I needed.  I mentioned this to him.

"No, I don't think it is the tape, look at the side of the reel, that's not clear.".  He continued to unwind.   More and more clear tape rolled off the reel.  I wasn't too bothered,  I had a larger, correct, reel coming at some point.   The tape had reached the floor and was starting a little pile.  He continued unwinding. "This is really odd", he said.

And them, after yards and yards of clearness,  there was white tape underneath. With a rough side.

Well done him :-)

And yay!.  Which, if you could hear me saying it, you'd hardly hear anything.

Because now I have to get myself psyched up again.  Which is precisely why I'm writing this blog entry, instead of  getting on with it. 

But I am going to do it. I am  In a few minutes.  When I've had a coffee, checked on the chicks,  tested those DVDs to make sure my DVD player can read them......


Followers