Thursday 16 February 2012

Fathers pinches

Parsnips.

DH grows fabulous parnips. Fresh from the ground, they are sooooo delicious. We've been waiting for the right moment to unearth this year's crop.

Yesterday we decided to make Curried Parsnip Soup and, as usual, we planned to make a large quantity so we could freeze some.  DH dug up some of the parsnips...
 ... a few more than I needed for soup.  They were beautiful. Big, creamy, tender.


So, I made a huge *vat* of soup.  We had soup for dinner,  and then I froze an extra 7 double portions Fortunately, the soup was very good.


I also made Delia's Parsnip, parmesan and sage bread to go with it (mmm, heavenly, don't know why I waited a year to make it again);    and then I steamed the remaining parsnips, pureed them, and put them in the freezer to have with roast dinners.

DH made a spare rib marinade and cooked the spare ribs left over from Friday.  They were great, I'm not usually a rib person but these were yummy.

Followers