Wednesday 8 December 2021

Heat

I've been a little..... under the weather... for a while now.   

A week or so ago, I started to use a litle electric heat pad (one of 3 bought for Izzy years ago) in the evening, to try and ease some discomfort and help my blood complete its circuit.   It helped, and  I moved on to taking the pad to bed with me.  

It helped, a little anyway.  I then decided to buy a full underblanket.   We had one about a hundred years ago and I remembered that I hated it for some reason, but I couln't remember why. 

After a bit of research, I bought one which also doubled as a mattress protector.  As soon as it was on the bed,  I remembered why I don't have one.   The positioning of the plug is really stupid.  It's doubly stupid now,   we have two large single mattresses on our bed because the bed is fully adjustable on both sides.

I've ended up having to put it the wrong way round so the control is at the foot end. Luckily, the control is more sophisticated now, so it turns itself off anyway,  and I don't need to adjus the temperaure during the night as I only use it on its lowest setting.

It has been helpful, and I'm sure it's helped alleviate some pain.    I've had marginally more energy in the mornings,  but I haven't been able to translate this in to doing anything creative.  I have been able to  do the Domestics,  and I have twice nearly cleared my cutting table.   I'm not sure I'll actually manage to make anything before |Christmas,  but you never know.

It's been surprisingly pleasant getting into a warm bed.  I've ordered another one, as a surprise for DH. 


Followers