Saturday 18 December 2021

delightful

The tree smells wonderful.  Maybe i'll stick with a real tree after all.

I bought a plain wreath yesterday, from a small garden centre. They had some acceptable trees left - no Frasers - and I thought I might go there next year for a real tree 

This morning DH put the lights on the tree and  I brought the boxes of decorations downstairs.   I had bits to do first, so it was afternoon by the time I was ready to decorate.

I started by sweeping up the needles from the lights, and  discovered a spreading pool of water.  DH had been a bit over zealous watering the tree this morning 

As I cleaned it up, it crossed my mind that this wouldn't happen with a fake tree.

I was careful with the decorations.  The glass ornaments stayed in the box this year.  DH had to do an ornament hospital for me.  One of the glass cat baubles had a broken ear; Rocky the Rooster has come off his bell;  a gingerbread hen had lost her hanging hook.

I had had enough after about an hour, so I tidied away. I can always add more tomorrow.  

I put the newly enlarged cat ball tracks under the tree,  chuckling at myself  What could possibly go wrong as I know perfectly well how reckless that was. 

I stood back to take a picture   and noticed one of the lights was flickering     I called DH, who pointed out several more. This wouldn't happen with a fake pre lit tree,  the inner voice whispered.

We discussed options. Take the lights off: No. Id have to undecorate the tree first and then redecorate it;  .   Turn them off and leave them off;    Put another set of lights on.  Get a replacement controller   .

No point in buying lights or a replacement controller in case we get a fake tree.

I'm not too bothered 
Update:  DH put an additional short set of warm white lights on the front of the tree.


Followers