Saturday 23 October 2021

Ghosting

I had a household appliance up for sale, and was contacted by someone who lives about 40 mins away with an offer. 

I accepted the offer, and we discussed collection.  She was coming this way on -day or -day, and would be in touch at the weekend to let me know which day.

I marked the item as "sold subject to collection", and sorted out some bonus books for her.    She didn't get in touch.   I messaged her to ask how things were going.  2 days later, I messaged and asked  if all was OK. 

A couple of days after that, a craft Item I'd made at a workshop was ready for collection,  and the collection place was about  15 miinute  detour from the village/town  where this lady said she lived. So,  I messaged her  to say that I was going to be driving in her general direction to  collect something, and I could deliver the appliance to her if that was easier

Nothing.

I'm not cross,  I'm just a bit..exasperated.    I imagine she changed her mind,  but I do wish she'd just said.    

Instead, I've wasted two weeks waiting for her and trying to contact her,  and now I have to re-post the item.    And, I've had to mess arund the person i'm due to collect from.   

It's exasperating.


 

 


 


Followers