Tuesday 5 October 2021

Stuff continues

Where to start?

Miss Teen came to stay for a week. She was meant to be coming anyway, but she had to come early because she was full of cold and had to have a day off school.

She wanted to go back to school, which was a pleasant surprise.  She could have done with a nother day off really,  but I'd asked her what she wanted to do, and she was keen to go in.     It's not right to  give a teen a choice, and then overrule them, so we took her to school

The daily school run was a bit of a shock to the system,  it's been a while since we've had to get up that early.   The afternoon pick up was always amazingly early, a different time ech day,  and it meant that it was difficult to start an activity.

She had an INSET day on Friday, and we insisted that she spenr part of it doing her homework.  In fact, most of the last week has been spent trying to get homeork done, arguing about getting homework done,   explaining that the time we'd spent arguing about it was longer than the actual homework takes,  and actually doing homework. And then checking and rechecking what homework was due when, and whrther it had been done.

The homework is actually very quick and hardly taxing,  I don't understand how they can have such relatively short school days and so little homework. 

WHat is definitely worse for them (versus our schooldays)  is that they have no desk at school, so everything has to be lugged around, all day.

I made her a hoody, at her request, which took all of Saturday and part of Sunday.   We also played soe board gaes (Ingenious, Catopoly, ad Scrabble),  and we watched all 3 series of Ghosts.

There wasn't uch opportuity to go out.  I'd arranged for us to do a Christmas Craft workshop, about 30 miles away, on the SUnday;  unfortunately, her Mum organised a riding activity as well,  so she didn't come to the workshop.

My brother stepped in and came with me so the booking wasn't wasted.  I'll write a bit more about it in a separate post.

I've had Miss Teen's stinking cold for several days now., and it's just turned into a cough.  I've done COvid tests so Iknow it's not a Covid cough,

DH started snuffling this morning, which isn't surprising.

The other health stuff continues.  Another GP phone appointment, and another circle in the eddy.... nothing can be done until I've finished the cardio appointments.    At least this time I was not feeling at my worst, so I was able to have a conversation about it and I didn't feel like a small child.

  
 

Followers