Wednesday 27 October 2021

Clearing the Air

A lovely couple (they keep hens too,  and they keep quail!) came to collect my cabinet dehydrator today. 

It's been on my cutting table  the kitchen table since the other buyer said she wanted it, and I can't believe the difference it makes, not having it there.

It's like I can breathe again. All the fresh air and light from the kitchen window gets to the table now.

It's made a much bigger difference than I expected.  I mean, it only took up 1/8th of the table (it's a big table), but it not being there has made me want to get some fabric out and make something!  

I haven't felt that sort of urge for a while.

I cannot do that though, as I'm busy doing chores.

I've been thinking about trying to sort out the cats breakfast that is our living room.    I'd had a minor urge to do something a few months ago, but couldn't work out the whole picture and parked my plans.

 I'd been to my best friend's house recently, and her house is always so clean and tidy, and it made me more determined to try and get my own carp under control. 

Last night, something suddenly crystallised and, before I knew it,  I had the whole plan mapped out. 

The key piece, I won't do anything until the supplier has a sale.  I'm hoping that might be Black Friday.   In the meantime, I started looking for two easy chairs. I had an idea of what I wanted, and my search sharened things up quite quickly.  I kneow what I didn't want,  and I set up an Ebay search and a Gumtree search.

I found a pair that were interesting perfect, but were too much money. And a weird colour, which actually grew on me, the more I looked at neutral colours.   I kept coming back to them, and dimissing them because they were more than I wanted to pay,on a punt.  It didn't matter, I wasn't in a hurry,

And then, I saw the same set again on a different selling platform for a lot less money

So I asked for some more information.  And I asked a local chao how much he'd charge for collecting them...  and then I talked to DH about the whole project, and showed him the chairs.   He didn't wince at the colour, and he liked the idea of what I wanted to do.      

 And now I've bought them, and I advertsided my sofa, free to a good home,  and someone is coming tomorrow. (Although I'vde sometimes found with free stuff that people change their minds).

 Anyway, I've been dusting and vaccuuming the sofa (cat hair gets everywhere)  DH tipped it up so I could attempt to get the worst of the hair off the pads we'd put on the bottom.    It needs another go over.... and I've also I've also got to clean the exit routes.  You know what it's like,  you move something and find a mahoosive tumbleweed......

I'm looking forward to the changeover.

And I found myself thinking "hmm, quail.   We deferred them to the 'nect year' list about 10 years ago"

 



Followers