Tuesday 5 October 2021

Christmas Craft Workshop

Full of cold, and wearing a facemask to protect others,  I went to the Bergin and Bath workshop with my brother.  I've found being in the car for long periods very uncomfortable,  but this was only 45 mins so it was OK.

The workshop was in Potten End at a gorgeous nursery.    We were making 3 things, and having lunch,  in the 5 hour window.

First up was a bit of Macrame.  We made a macrame angel, and she is lovel y. I anm going to put her on my tree this year.  

I liked making her, and I might have a look at doing some other macrame stuff.  DH and I chuckled at the thought of having endless pot hangers round the house.

Next, we felted a christmas bauble.  I iked making the bauble,  I was rubbish at the decorating.   I'd try this again, maybe even with baubles.

Finally, after lunch,  we had a triangular piece of clear glass to decorate with other bits of coloured glass.  I wanted to make mine into a chicken (rather tha a christmas tree),  but I had been slow getting up to get some glass,  I couldn't really see anything that I wanted,   my back had started to ache,  I was feeling bunged up and a bit crabby,  so I just put some shades of green on.   

It'll be fired in a week, and we'll go back and collect it.

The three ladies who ran the workshop were lovely (especially the macrame lady), and it was wel worth the money and the trip out.

I'm pleased that I've been able to add something to my creative makes list,  as I've not been very creative for a while.


Total crafty things this year:54

Sewing based makes: 
123) Inner pad for foot muff; make cover for foot muff;  trim down Superking Duvet to KS and recover edges;
456)Cushion cover for Miss T; Gift bags for Miss T and GDK;
7)Dressing Gown;
8-10)Cat Duvet, Duvet Cover and Pillowcase;
11) Cushion cover for living room;
12-15) Sleeveless tops (x4);
16) SBCC top
17) Overlocker chicken
18) Curtains for nest boxes (4, but counted as 1 make)~
19,20,21)Boxers for DH (test pairs for sizing - counted as 1,  and then 2 pairs)
Abandoned muslin for LoveNotions Willow Wrap Dress (not counted in total makes)
22)Apostrophe Patterns Joggers (jellyfiah and space)
23)Apostrophe Patterns Flared Joggers (black, with big red roses)
24)Boxes for DH (3 pairs using black cotton lycra with patterned fly)
25)Shorten the hems and sleeves on 4 of Mum's day dresses (count as 1 task)
26) repurposed  old tee shirt as cover for mini cushion
27) Burrito rolled bag (from Jane's July Zoom)
28) Replace waistban on massively oversized maxi skirt
29) Salvage DH's Firestorm tee shirt (using stretchyfix)
30) Yet another Heartlight skirt (July) feathers scuba, great pattern matching, good fit on waistband
31) Convert single duvet cover to king size
32) Convert 1 pillowcase to 2,  and create 2 additional plain pillowcases to match
33) Dressing gown (LoveNotions Compose) (black flowers on white, brished cotton)
34) Cover for A0 printer
35) Condolence cards


Learning activities:
1) Scanning pattern pieces; 2) Making movies; 3)Babylock demo day; 4)Gathering using my overlocker;   5) Euphy training (circles,using elastic in looper);6) Gail Yellen's binder course; 7) Inkscape 1; 8) casting on;  9)purling; 10)casting off

Non sewing based craft makes: 
A) Painted bisque butter dish and had it fired

B) Knitted Infinity scarf, first attempt (pinks)
 
C) Painted bisque small jug (hen names) and had it fired. 
D) Heart shaped plate with names of all our pet hens, and had it fired
E) Medium jug
F) Tall, "split personality" jug
G) Macrame angel
H) Felted a christmas bauble
I) Made a fused glass teaight

Followers