Wednesday 14 October 2020

Overlocker 'Oliday

A couple of weeks ago I brought my overlocker downstairs.  I mentioned my plan to my DH who said "Is it having a holiday?" (By which he meant, "Please tell me this is only temporary")

I was attending a babylockalong (with the lovely Jane White at Jane White Tuition), and I thought that having my overlocker on the kitchen table might encourage me to sew a bit more. 

I did the Babylockalong. Wwe used the overlocker to create some tissue pouches very quickly.  The picture - the only one I took - is of my first and worst attempt. It doesn't do justice to Jane's easy design and excellent teaching.

I also ade one with piping round the opening and I wish I'd taken a picture of that.

Over the next few days I had a go at mask making, and then found I needed to press things so that all stalled a bit while I re-covered my tabe top ironing board.

Since then, I've had a play at making some reusable cleansing wipes, and that's been about it.   The table has been a bit congested, which doesn't help - but that's just a convenient excuse.

I've got another babylockalong on Monday,  so I'll keep the machine down until Tuesday, and then I'll move it back to the guest bedroom.

I've no idea why I can't motivate myself... I have a pile of things I'd like to make, but just no appetite for it.  Maybe the list is too long?


Followers