Thursday 8 October 2020

Everything for the kittens

I love my cats.    

One of the things which always amuses me is how they assume that everything that comes in to the house is for their benefit.   I love that they have to explore every box, sit on every item.

Most things aren't for them,  and it makes me smile when they've explored an item, and then looked at us as if to say "Thank you for the thought, but.... what are we supposed to do with it?"

A few days ago I was sewing some different masks.   Both types had lots of pressing in them,  which I skipped because I was downstairs,  the iron was somewhere in the guest bedroom, I didn't want to have to go and ut the ironing board up and find the iron and then go running up and downstairs to do it.  And I definitely didn't want to cart them downstairs and set them up in the kitchen.

The masks were OK but definitely shoud have been pressed as specified.   I remembered that my recent excavations of the small room had yielded a table top ironing board.  It had been put in the "needs fixing" pile,  and the fix was that it needed a cover.      My excavations had also yielded a new, full-sized ironing board cover, which I had bought in a Lakeland sale and was earmarked for recovering my steam press.

I retrieved both items, and decided to try recovering the tabletop board.  DH suggested that I use grommets (as I have a tabletop press and lots of grommets), and so that's what I did.  It took a while, but it looked good.  I left it on the cutting table to settle overnight.  

Within moments it had been appropriated by Shelby. 


When I came into the kitchen, she was curled up asleep on it.  By the time I'd got my phone to take a pic, she was sitting up on it.

Izzy had her monthly Vet appointment the other day.  I got her in her carry bag, and pt it on the floor while I got my handbag, car keys, mask, etc.  Lewis decided it was some sort of double decker cat bed.  Izzy was not amused.




Followers