Tuesday 20 October 2020

Wins and fails

Lots of clutter clearing: Done
Boxes and packaging, for a friend who is downsizing: Done
Quick trip to Waitrose to get puectin/Certo/Jam sugar to make Quince Jelly in Jam Maker: Done
Quince Jelly in the electric jam maker: Done
Sewalaong on Zoom, run by the lovely Jane from Jane White Tuition: Done

Actually, I've an almost endless list of little achievements, all done.

I'm hyper hormonal, which is a bit surprising and very annoying for both me and my husband.   It's horrendous.  

It's so bad that I'm starting to wish I hadn't had the Mirena removed.  I wish I could help you appreciate  what a monumental statement that is.   I can't articulate just how bad that makes it.   

I hope to god this is only temporary, I don't know what the eff I am going to do otherwise.

I don't really understand how and why this should be.    The Mirena was 8 years old and all the stuff I'd read suggested that it would long since have run out of Progesterone. The doctor confirmed this at the time I had it removed.    Effectively it was just a piece of plastic (or whatever it is), so it wasn't doing anything.  

So how come I'm now getting all PMT?

he only saving grace, if there is such a thing, is that I am aware of it.  I can't bear not being in cotrol of my emotions, and I am trying to keep a lid on the boiling mass of rage,  anxiety, tearfulness that I am experiencing.  

I'm failing at that somewhat, but I'm aware enough of what's going on to try and apologise for it, at the time.

I'm taking paracetomol for the discomfort.  It's not extremely painfull, it's just low grade dull sensation, but it is very wearing. It's adding to my snappiness.

Honestly, with all its potential faults, having a Mirena was better than having this.

 

 


Followers