Sunday 18 October 2020

Cat Beds

Since the kittens arrived,  their 'stuff' has proliferated to the point of ridiculousness.  The worst offending item is the cat bed.

It's my fault. 

It started innocently enough.  I had an Ikea dolls bed in the loft, which I'd bought for our cats to use having seen some cute pics on Facebook. Izzy and Wash had other ideas though, so the bed was relegated to the loft. 

The kittens, especially Shelby,  love it.

While I was up there, I found a couple of old soft beds. I think I'd bought them for the other cats when they were kittens, bbut they were difficult to get the fur off and weren't particularly washable.  I also found a cat mat type thing, covered in VetBed.  I had a use for the VetBed, and I decided to defur the other 2 beds and ive them to a cat charity.

As soon as they touched the ground,  Lewis found one, and decided it was his.   That now sits next to Shelby's bed.   The second bed from the loft was put under the kitchen table, was discovered by all of them,  and is now a shared bed in the kitchen.

I put bedding on the sofa cushions, to keep the sofa cat hair free (ha ha ha).     One is a donut type bed, the other is a piece of VetBed  that covered the cat mat I found in the loft. Now that its cold,  the VetBed actually has a little electric blanket, set on a timer,  underneath,  as this helps ease Izzy's arthritis.   The mat that had been inside it which was put on the floor by the doors to the garden andhas now been adopted as a bed by anyone who wants some alone time.

I bought an cat activity mat to help keep them amused.  Shelby uses it a lot, and I was surprised to find that she likes to doze there as well.  

During the heat wave, we bought a cat pod where you can set the temperature to cool or heat.  That was a flop.   It's still sitting in the living room, and I will be moving it to the loft at some poing.

The cat trees (did I tell you about my mega cat tree?) provide a bed in the crows nest,  a hanging bed frame, and two caves, plus fluffy covered shelves. 

The 3 cats have 10 beds downstairs.  That's not counting the cat tree beds,and the seats that DH and I occupy each evening, and the rug in front of the fire

The old laundry basket,  made of  palm leaves, or water hyachinth, or whatever it is,  lies on its side in another part of the kitchen.  It wasn't an old laundry basket.  It was my actual laundry basket.  But the kittens played in it, rolled it round the kitchen, used it as a bed, chewed it to pieces,  so now it's theirs.

I've tried to remove one or other bed from time to time,  but the cats end up searching for it and sitting around looking lost.

I will rationalise them.

Eventually.

 

Followers