Monday 30 March 2020

Haircut

Last week, before the shutdown was announced,   DH's hair desperately needed cutting. 

He was unable to go to the barbers and he suggested buying clippers to do it himself. We were on our way back from visiting the allotment chickens, having done a lot of preparation for moving the chickens should it prove necessary.

We were driving past a large Boots, so I suggested we go in and look, as car park was pretty empty.

So, clippers were purchased.

It turned out that "do it himself" meant "we could do it ourselves".

I've ever used clippers before.  I've never seen anyone's hair being cut with clippers (unless they are having it all choped off, which looks relatively easy).

I watched some Youtube videos, which weren't as helpful as you might expect,  they were mainly people doing a for of head shave.   I just wanted to cut some excessively long hair into short hair.

In the end, DH had to try and tell me what to do, while I did it. We were in lockdown by this time, so I reasoned that if I made a mess of it, it'd grow back before anyone saw him.  Well, the hair would.


It wasn't too bad.


I need to use the clippers several more times before they've paid for themselves.  It'll be better next time.

Followers