Thursday 26 October 2017

Forgotten to take pics

I actually did some sewing, and I forgot to take pics!

I made Small Person some leggings,  in a bigger size.   She picked the fabric from my stash.  They look quite good, although - as usual -  I'll be surprised if they last more than a couple of washes.  Mind you, the first wearable pair I made her some months ago are still going (she wore them yesterday in fact), just looking a little...short.

I don't like doing the encased elastic waistband, so next time I might try chopping the waist down and putting on some of the extra wide supersoft elastic I bought recently.  I used it on her circle skirt, and it worked well.  

I went to the extra effort of making a cardboard template this time.  Because these are a bit big for her (her choice!),  I know this pattern will last for a while - and cutting round tailor's card is a bit easier than laying out and cutting round tracing vellum.   Besides,  having a template hanging in my collection reminds me of an achievement.

I also managed to embroider a (bought) tee shirt for her.   She loves Game of Thrones,  and I did a Direwolf and the Stark motto.  Too late I realised she's probably more of a Targaryen.

I think I've made her 3 pairs of leggings now and 1 circle skirt.   I've also embroidered 2 (?) tops.

I don't think I've photographed any of the wearable stuff I've made her.



Followers