So, we decided to replace the netting. For chicks we use inexpensive black netting, with 1 inch squares - too small for a chick to get through. The dosnside of it is that it doesn't behave very well. and the bottom tends to curl. Now that Pong is actively seeking escape routes, this netting just isn't working.
DH toolk down all the netting and strimmed everywhere. I attempted to move the mega-long house and run (it's about 4m), I wanted to turn it 90 degrees as well, so it was a bit like trying to turn an oil tanker in a space that's only a bit wider than the oil tanker. Not that I've ever turned an oil tanker.
Eventually I resorted to brute force and lifted the back up and moved it, and then I went and hefted the front round too. I raked the ground to remove tale food, dead bits of grass, and goodness knows what else.
They now have an enlarged area, which encompasses an additional bed. Theyre having a whale of a time excavating it.
Later in the day, the new cover I'd ordered arrived. It's clear plastic, designed for use on a market stall. I wanted to be able to cover the top and one whole side of the mega run. It was packed tightly, and I'd lost the will to undo it all after abpit 5 minutes.
I got there in the end, it fitted well... and then I realised my mistake. If I cover one side completely, I can't open the door. I should, of course, have gone for smaller covers to enable me to fold up different parts.
Oh well. Coulda Woulda Shoulda.
I might have a go at cutting a door opening, sewing some sort of edge on to stop it tearing. In my minds eye I can see the little bit rolled up like an awning......
I expect I'll be glad that I bought it, when we get some more horrible weather.
I've rinsed the two green shades I'd previously had a long the top. I'll put them away when they are dry.