Friday 8 April 2016

Meanwhile...

It's been a busy week, more about that in another post later. Meanwhile...

We ad a very small chicken on Monday.  DH didn't want it roasted in the normal way, so we went through lots of recipe books and in the end chose pressure cooker recipe from Catherine Phipps.  It involved pressure cooking the entire chicken, stuffing and all.  It was..... a success. 

On Tuesday, we had cold chicken and (sadly, frozen) rosti.

On Wednesday, I made chicken fajitas.  We finally used the enormous electric griddle, which was surprisingly good and enabled us to cook 4 tortillas at once.  Result!

On Thursday, I made chicken and mushroom risotto in Thermy. 

And tonight we had Arancini (deep fried risotto balls) with the leftover risotto.  I made hummous and this time I used this recipe (http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/sauces-dips-spreads-recipes/best-hummus-ever/17477) adding in a squirt of frozen coriander to the ingredients. 

It was delicious, the best hummus I've ever made.  I will be using this as my base recipe from now on.  I'm so happy to have found a good recipe at last.

DH made yet another load of beer.   Each batch has been excellent,  as good (or better) than pub beer.  I can't thank John Norman enough for talking about the Grainfather https://johnnorman.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/grainfather-brewday/

Actually I can.  Thank you John.

Work on flooring and sewing room has kept us busy. For the first time I've had both machines ready to go, and I've been able to use them simultaneously.    The new desktop arrived today,  hopefully we'll have that in place in a few days.  It needs cutting down,  and I'm swapping desks with the kitchen.






Followers