Thursday 14 April 2016

Comings and Goings

Wash has been in and out of the cat flap.  He's visited both next door neighbours,  as we discovered when we were out with the tracker trying to find him.   I know it's silly worrying,  but I can't help it.

In both cases, his visit required him to go over the fence.  On one side there was a convenient something for him to use to help him up; on the other side there wasn't and he had to leap up from the ground (and back down again. Both directions).    I hope his paw holds up to this, we've got yet another vet visit next week.

I suspect he will start to lose weight now, as he exercises more.   He weighed 5.675kg this morning, and I'm writing it here so I don't lose it.

We've also bought an Alphatrak meter, as his last urine test showed he had glucose in his pee,  so he's back on insulin again.   DH did the test the other day, and it worked easily.     We need to do a 2 hoursly test for 12 hours to establish a baseline, and take this to the Vets with us.  DH tried yesterday, but had trouble getting a blood sample.  We were meant to do it today, but I screwed up.

The plan was to take the first measurement before Wash had any breakfast.   This morning, the wall cabinet was being delivered, and I had to be up at 6am to be ready.  In fact, I was up at 5.45 becaise the Girls kicked off,  and after I'd quietened the hens down I made tea and fed the cats.

So, DH is going to try tomorrow.

Wash, meantime, is sleeping.  Maybe he won't be out exercising after all!

Followers