Thursday 18 November 2010

Heart stopping moment

DH and I went food shopping today, which is a very rare occurrence.  We usually have Ocado deliver,  and if we need anything in between, one of us pops to the supermarket.  It's been a loooooooong time since we pushed a trolley round together.

Of course, this meant we had to put the Girls away before we went.    No problem there.   We weren't gone long, less than an hour.  Got back, unloaded the shopping into the kitchen, and straught out into the garden to let the girls out.    There was a very still body inside the run.


7 of the girls were chickening about, doing normal chickeny things.  Tilda's body was lying by the door, head down between the dust bath and the edge of the run.  I wrenched open the run door and most of the  Girls ran out, treading on poor Tilda as they went past.


I shouted for DH as I looked down at my poor little girl.  As he came running out, I knelt down and stroked her.... and she quivered.  I picked her up, and she was fine.  I stroked her, and stroked her, and looked over her for signs of injury.    I wondered if she was being bullied, and put her head between the dustbath and side to try and protect herself.

I put her down, and she hopped into the dustbath and began to dustbathe.  I wanted to cry with relief.


We still don't know what happened. Maybe it was that.  Maybe she put her head down to try and nibble something, and just couldn't back out again.


We'll have to put a camera in the run, to see if we can find out what's going on.



Followers