Wednesday 1 February 2023

I will win.

The garden is full of green leaves, where bulbs are waiting to burst through.  I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers.

Today I was able to walk to Pilates without putting something on over my leggings.  The hall was a bit chilly, we were a bit late, and we had to put our mats by the door. Usually there are 6 or so of us, and we all have our usual spots.    The class was packed - today there were 11 of us!    At least four of the regular group were in new spots, and we chuckled quietly at what creatures of habit we are.   

I didn't mind the new spot too much, apart from the fact that I was right by the door, the door has a bug gap underneath, and there was quite a draught.  I should have thought about it and covered it with my coat, and I'll do that next time. 

Someone asked our teacher about starting a second daytime class, and she said she'd review it later this month.  I guessed that at least a couple of the newcomers were teachers, because they looked  like teachers. (And many people are on strike today).

It was a good class, and I made myself be aware of the things that I was able to do better than recently.  There were some bits that I really struggled with (and have done for a few months) but I was happy that  could see some improvements.   

I've been very remiss lately.  I'd had several months of eating a raw, grated, carrot every day, and recently I've hardly done it.  I reintroduced it to my diet a few days ago, and I want to get back to that being normal.    I've been good with eating large quantities of vegetables - my plate is usually half vegetables now.   I'm trying to make sure I have some Kefir every day (but this is only day 4, since I started again).

I've booked a blood test so I can see if I am on the right amount of Levothyroxine.  I suspect I'm taking too much, and that might be the cause of some of the issues I've been experiencing recently.    The test isn't for a while, and I'm going to try and avoid avoiding anything sugary until its done.  

I've resisted the elephant in the fridge (the huge quantity of condensed milk) and I haven't risked making the coconut pyramids.  The dessicated coconut is sitting forlornly on the side.  I've not eaten the Maltesers that Miss Teen's mum very kindly bought me as a “Thank You”.    

I'm feeling a bit better for avoiding sugar. Wowcher had a food intolerance test deal on offer,  so I bought that and I've sent off my hair sample.   

I wonder what it will show?

The other thing I've noticed is that my brain fog has improved slightly.       I do Killer Sudoku puzzles from a monthly Killer Sudoku magazine.  I only do the hardest puzzles towards the end of the magazine,  I've noticed that I've been back to doing them really well recently.   I'm also doing Wordle and WordleHurdle much more quickly again (although not at my pre-unwell usual speed).     

Both of these coincided with the reduction in oxygen drops overnight, which coincided with the new mattress.   It's much easier to turn over (when the NightWatch tells me to) than it was on my previous mattress, and I'm getting less need to lie on my back and stretch my neck.  I still get the need, but it's more manageable than before.

I know these are very non scientific and subjective things,  but that doesn't mean it isn't a genuine improvement :-)

 

 



Followers