Sunday 26 February 2023

Better

I had a few more crap nights, despite wearing the devices and doing the right things.  Things were not as bad as they had been on Tuesday night/Wed morning,  I guess my body was still dealing with that.  

Yesterday morning, I felt reasonably OK, apart from the backache. I'd woken up many times, but the alarms hadn't gone off so I was turning before things became a problem.  The numbers, when I looked at them later, were good.  

I'm going to have to ask my GP to refer me for a CPAP. 

I wrote the letter a few days ago, but I haven't taken it to the surgery yet.  I guess I'm still believing that finding and fixing the underlying problem with my back will magically make everything else OK.  Once I start on the CAP route....  Mind you,  I'm already stuck with having to wear devices,  so this would just be a different device - and it might be better overall.    

Neither the Respiratory consultant nor the CPAP consultant thought that a CPAP would help with the back pain, which is why I didn't pursue it earlier.

I need to just get on and do it.

In other news.... 

..still no eggs, despite Astrid crouching for me every time she sees me. The Girls are still stuck in Flockdown, of course.  They've all got very vocal in the last few days, and I'm guessing this is Spring Fever.   I'm so very tempted to get 3 new girls, but I think I might wait until Poppy goes. Poppy is 10 and a half,   and I don't want to stress her.

 ...Miss Teen is doing her mock GCSEs for the next two weeks.  She's here revising as I type. Well, actually, she's eating pancakes as I type, but she's was revising all yesterday afternoon and evening, and she will be revising again very shortly.

....I bought fabric, which feels like a bit of a fail as I've been so very good at not buying fabric for so long now.   In my defence,  I bought two specific pieces of fabric,  both of them are to make skirts,  and I will be making said skirts as soon as fabric arrives and has been washed (back, neck, etc permitting).

.....DH has managed to do a wodge of decluttering, and several crates of stuff from his study left the house last week.   Small wins must be celebrated.

.....we are both addicted to squardl.  It varies from ridiculously easy to something of a challenge,   exacerbated by the occasional US spellings. 

Such an exciting life!




Followers