Sunday 25 September 2022

Bumkick

I am going to break this funk.

My backache has been bad for a while, not severe but constant nagging pain.  I've started using red light therapy (I imported a device which had a good range of the right sort of light) to try and help my thyroid, and I've been using it on my back as well.   

I don't know yet if its helping my thyroid.  I do know that I've experienced quite severe hunger pangs for the first time in a long time, so it may be doing something.    I need to sort out some blood tests so I can get a benchmark.   It may also be helping with my rosacea, but that may be wishful thinking.    

My nagging backache has been getting more intrusive and was interfering with me doing things.  I went to see the Physio yesterday for a hands on treatment, and she showed me some exercises to do to help my cervical vertebrae and to help unstick my ribcage muscles    It's still uncomfortable today, a little less so,  but if I keep busy, I can block it out (which I've not been able to do for a while).

I've set myself a target of "end of the month" to break the funk and make an inroad into the whole problem of upstairs storage.   It's a rubbish objective, far too soft and open to interpretation, but it'll do for now. I'd also like to get this tee shirt business knocked o the head, so I can make a couple and then switch to making one of the jigsaws I've bought.

Today I've managed to:

  • get everything easily moveable off the hard floors  (except the sewing/guest room and box room, which are gridlocked) and sweep & mop all of them
  • Move anything which can be moved  off the boxroom floor (ideally not just on to the bench)
  • Get the fabric offcuts into a bag and ready to go to the local carehome (who are looking for scraps)
  • Get the booster seat into the hall, ready to go into the car and thence to the Baby Bank
  • Dismantle and clean the cat hair out of Hidey
  • Do two   three loads of washing
  • get some duck legs out of the freezer, to marinate this evening, to make Chinese duck and pancakes tomorrow
  • Empty all the bins
  • Find a new home upstairs for the upright vacuum 
  • Find a new home in the utility room for Hidey and hide the cabling
  • do a Really Good Clean (but not quite bottoming out) of downstairs toilet 
  • Standard domestics (scrubbing kitchen sinks until they gleam, cleaning the hob, cleaning the worktops, wiping any appliances that need wiping)

...which isn't a huge amount in relation to the mountain I have to climb, but it's something.  And it's visible, so it's making me feel better.  

I need to stop for a quick cold coffee.  I've missed out on stopping to rehydrate for the last few hours. Normally I give myself points for each domestic activity and have a drink (cup of tea, coffee, water, squash, whatever)  when I get to 25 points.  I'm obviously feeling the bumkick because I stopped counting points after the first coffee reward this morning. 

I also found myself considering some embroidery, and that hasn't happened for a while.

FOngers crossed I can keep this up

 


Followers