Friday 9 September 2022

God bless the Queen, God save the King

I cried a little when the TV programme was interrupted and the announcement was made.  I don't mean I sobbed,  I mean I shed a few quiet tears.

I watched the related programmes that eveing.  I wondered whether I, whether people in general, would know what to do.  Most of us have not experienced this before.  The State machine, of course, knows exactly what it needs to do.

I was due to go out this evening, for the first time in a long time.    We decided to go ahead, but I did wear black (I had to hem a skirt Imade a few weeks ago) as a sign of respect.

It was good to talk, and I'm glad we went ahead.

When I got home, DH was out.  I watched Charles' (I suppose that should be "The King's")  address to the Nation,  on catchup.  He got the balance right, I thought.

We don't have a modern turn of phrase for this, so I guess it'll have to be
"God Save the King"

Followers