Sunday 4 September 2022

All change

My brother arroved to collect the sofa to take to his MIL.   Later, he collected the two chairs.  In the interim I was contacted by a lady who wanted to come and view the remaining chair immediately,  and before I knew it, that was gone too.  

We could finally try and arrange the remaining furniture.

It wasn't as easy as we expected.

In order to allow for the sofa to recline we have to have it away from the wall.   In order for one of us to not get a cric in the neck, it has to be angled..... which lead to some very strange looking arrangements.

We decided to leave it in one arrangement yesterday to see how it went.  This morning, I started to clear up, and I did a bit of tweaking....and a but ore...and a bit more.  Then I decided I'd better wash the floor befre I put stuff back.  And it needed ot be vacuumed first.

The whole layout has changed, so I needed to get Roberto to do another mapping run,  and if I was going to do that, I might as well do it properly.  So everything - apart from the table, sofa, and swivel chairs, had to come off the floor.  The entire downstairs.

He did 2 mapping runs, and got confused.  We had to delete everything (including our original map and favourites) and start again.  It took forever.  

Once we had a useable map, divided into rooms, I got him to vacuum.  Then I mopped,  although my lovely mop was playing up so I had to do a lot of it by handf

On the plus side of the wonky sofa arrangement,  Roberto can now get behind the sofa when doing a run.  Well, he could until I plugged the sifa in and put some cat bits behind there.  Fortunately he had already decided it was a separate room, so I can choose to include or not in any future session.

I cleaned loads of things and put them back.  It took hours.   I haven't had as much of a change around as i had intended, I need to think about where I keep my laptop and how I use it. 

But it looks OK.


 

Followers