Saturday 24 December 2022

Crafty

I'm trying to regain my sewjo...or any sort of creative mojo.  

I had a couple of "wins" this week, and I'm going to try and keep the motivation going.

Firstly was the amendment to the footbag I'd made for DH last year (was it really that long ago?).  Dh suffers from cold feet at night so I'd made him a sleeping bag for his feet.    The downside is that his feet sometimes hadtrouble finding where to go,  and i needed to fix it.

Firstly, I sewed part of the duvet style opening to make it a bit more enveloped.   Then I used a couple of poppers to actually popper one part of the cover to the wool duvet inside.  Finally, I added poppers to close the opening properly, and it all looks fab.

DH hasn't actually noticed that his feet are no longer struggling.  He probably thinks he's just developed the knack, chuckle.     

And the second thing, which took several days of crafting (lapsed time, not actual time) was kitting out one of the bespoke boxes for Kallax made for me by Creations by Rod.      I didn't want to glue anything to the floors of the drawers,  in case I changed my mind about layout,  so I wanted a false floor.    Rod would have been happy to make me whatever I needed, but the truth was, I didn't know until I had had a chance to play with the unit.

DH said he would make me the floors and put the dividers where I wanted them, so I set about doing some mockups to try things out.  I used foam board (that I'd bought to put a jigsaw on) and my new Gloria Glue Gun.

I was really pleased with the results. In fact, I was so pleased, that I decided to stick (ha ha) with foam board, and to just use wooden dowelling or balsam.  I bought some different lengths of lolly sticks from Hobbycraft, and completed the job.

DH shuddered a bit at my haphazard placement and glueing,  but I don't mind it.    I like that I can redo it all if I find it doesn't work well.

Binders and feet for COverstitch
Binders and Feet for Coverstitch

Feet and Accessories for Overlocker
Attachments and Accessories for COverstitch

Feet and Accessories for Overlocker

CS and Overlocker storage is the right hand box

It's Christmas Eve today, and I'm trying to clear my craft the kitchen table!


Followers