Saturday 31 December 2022

Blood Orange Cider

 Some months ago I received am email from Thatchers Cider promoting their new Blood Orange Cider, and giving some cocktail suggestions.  They sounded interesting, so I added some to my next shopping order.  They've been sitting on the side ever since, waiting for me to (a) be able to drink alcohol and (b) have the inclination to make the drinks.

I'm making Chinese style crispy duck with pancakes for dinner, and I thouhht Id give a couple of pre dinner cocktails a go.

I tried the Autumn Equinox  (Spiced Rum, Ginger Ale, and Thatchers Blood Orange Cider) and a Spritz (Alperol, Blood Orange CIder, slice of orange).    They were OK, probably better for summer than New Years Eve. 

I'd bought a bottle of Alperol a couple of years ago for something else, and hadn't made whatever it was, so the bottle was unopened.

I recently decided I'd start making a note of every odd ingredient I buy with a view to making a particular recipe,  because I invariably forget why I've bought stuff.  That was post buying the Alperol though.

I might try and search my internet history and see what it was that inspired the purchase.


  



Followers