Saturday 17 December 2022

Banana skins

Sometimes it takes just one small thing to start a chain reaction,  a downward spiral.

I had a bit of trouble getting up this morning. I did it eventually, and felt better for getting up.  Last night had been mostly OK, with one issue,   and I wanted to see what my readings were.  I couldn't get in to the App, I had to update it first.

The updated App wanted me to store my data on their servers rather than my phone.  No thank you.  Then it wanted information which wasn't relevant to the device, but I couldn't proceed without providing it.  It asked me if I wanted to import historical data or discard it.  I've got 6 months of data, so of course I wanted to import it.

The new version of the App is horrible.  I don't mean "it's a bit different and I don't like change.". I mean, it's horrible.   They've corrupted some of my historical data.    The graph and info I need is now buried many clicks in to the app (rather than being the defualt landing screen) and now spreads acrposs 3 screens rather than 1.  The graph is childish, hard to read, with only start and end info on the y axis.  I could go on, but I'll just get wound up again.  I joined the FB user group to see if anyone had any suggestionns, but it seems to be a group run by the supplier.   I asked for some advice (without venting) but no one has yet answered.

I put my phone down and got on with my day,  coming back to it a few hours later to see what I could salvage and see if there were any alternatives.    That pushed me further down the grumpy slope as I wasted a couple of hours finding and installing 2 alternative apps and then getting nowhere with them (and them not having any help).

I've contacted the original company directly now and explained what I'm now seeing on the app, and politely expressing my disappointment at how it's now working.    I doubt it will do any good.

In the meantime,  other irritants of the day occurred. Most would have been mild at worst, but  were magnified by the inner frustration that I was feeling. My back ache got worse.  The smell of the scentsicles I put on the artificial tree has been....artificial and irritating.  I removed 2 of them. 

I've done very few of the tasks I had set myself.   I couldn't be bothered, and my own apathy irritated me further.  I annoy myself when I'm like this.

A walk cleared my head a little.  Bringing logs in hurt my back a bit more, but also helped.

I'm writing this to try and clear the rest of the fuddle.


 


 


Followers