Sunday 7 September 2008

The Morning After

Wide awake at 5am - me, I mean - waiting to hear what was going on in the Cube. I'm fortunate that my Walk in Run means that I can happily leave the pop hole on the Cube open, so the Girls can get themselves up whenever they want. Otherwise, I would have had to get up then and go and pull the Littlees out before they all woke up, as if there was trouble, the Littlees wouldn't be able to get away.

At 6.30, I heard them bouncing down the ladder, and then they were all rather vocal. I got up and went to see what was what.

There was no blood, but the Littlees were keeping away from the Bigees. I watched for a couple of minutes, and saw that wherever the Bigees went, the Littlees scuttled away. So, I hoiked Milly over onto her side of the Run. Jasmine wouldn't come close enough to be hoiked, and, thanks to my fencing across the middle, I had to walk out of the run, down the side, and in the other end. Honestly, it's not much fun when it's that early on a Sunday morning and it's pouring with rain.

I then went back to bed for a couple of hours, before getting up properly and letting them out to free range.

It seems to have gone well, so we'll carry on like this - manually moving the Littlees when it's dark - until it's time to take the next step. And of course I'm secretly hoping that they'll get the idea, and put themselves to bed in the Cube anyway. We'll see.

Followers