Tuesday 13 February 2024

Quick sew

My overlocker is on the big table in the kitchen, where I'd left it after coming back from the embellisher course.    

On Saturday, I decided I'd make DH a new cover for his foot quilt (3 years ago I made the original).  We had a duvet cover which had irreparably torn.  It was a brushed cotton fabric I really liked, (we actually have 2 of them so we can have one aon the bed all the time during the winter)

I decided to try and repurpose it, and i wanted to make the mini cover as efficiently as possible.

And I did!

I even remembered to make the opening down the long side, so SH doesn't accidentally catch his feet in it.

No mistakes!!

Actually it was really easy because I used one of the originally stitched sides, and the bottom which already had the buttons attached.  All I had to do was cut it correctly, sew 2 sides and reinforce another, and it was done. 

I didn't take a pictur before putting it on the bed.   It's taken me a few days to remember to fold the duvet back and take a pic

I know it's a tiny thing, but it made me happy.

Followers