Friday 23 February 2024

Just for One Day

My best friend Y and I went to see Just for One Day on Monday. 

Normally, we'd take an afternoon but I wasn't sure how I'd be.   I was fine on the train, and walking to the dinner.  The meal was fine, we just had some pizza - no starters, no puddings, no alcohol.   At the theatre, I had a hot chocolate.   I was then felt a bit unwell.

Before the performance started I decided I'd have to go to the toilet, just in case my queasiness turned into something else.  Good job I did.

I felt better afterwards.

The show was very enjoyable.   It reawakened a love of the music of my teenage years.   I really enjoyed the story.  We talked about what we remembered from the original day.

The train jounrey back was straightforward, and I slept well when I got home.  It was so lovely to spend an evening with my lovely friend,  and the train journey is such a great opportuntity to catch up.

Every time DH is out, I've been putting on something from the late 70s/early 80s.  I've just bought some of the Now collections for some of the years.   

I expect it'll wear off. 


Followers